12 December 2011

Strengths Finder

Strengths Finder - It does exactly that.
It finds what your strengths are.
You take a test online which is a series of paired statements that you answer with which best describes you.  You only have 20 seconds to answer each question.  Then when the test is completed, it gives you your top 5 strengths.  In the book that goes with this, it describes what each strength is as well as managing those strengths in yourself and in others.

These are mine, in order:

ACHIEVER ~ I have an internal fire burning inside me.  It pushes me to do more, to achieve more.  It brings me the energy I need to work long hours without burning out.  It is the jolt I can always count on to get me started on new tasks, new challenges.  It is the theme that keeps me moving.


ADAPTABILITY ~ I live in the moment.  I don't see the future as a fixed destination.  Instead, I see it as a place that I create out of the choices I make right now.  I discover my future one choice at a time.  I don't resent sudden requests or unforeseen detours.  I am, at heart, a very flexible person who can stay productive when the demands of work are pulling me in many different directions.


INCLUDER ~ I want to include people and make them feel part of the group.  I want to expand the group so that as many people as possible can benefit from it's support.  I hate the sight of someone on the outside looking in.  I want to draw them in so that they can feel the warmth of the group.  I am an instinctively accepting person.  No one should be ignored.  Each of us should be included.


RESPONSIBILITY ~ My responsibility theme forces me to take psychological ownership for anything I commit to, and whether large or small, you feel emotionally bound to follow it through to completion.  If for some reason I cannot deliver, I automatically start to look for ways to make it up to the other person.  This conscientiousness, this near obsession for doing things right, and my impeccable ethics, combine to create my reputation: utterly dependable.  My willingness to volunteer may sometimes lead me to take on more than I should.


DEVELOPER ~ I see the potential in others.  Each individual is a work in progress, alive with possibilities.  And I am drawn toward people for this very reason.  I am on the lookout for the signs of growth - a new behavior learned or modified, a slight improvement in a skill, a glimpse of excellence where previously there were only halting steps.  For me these small increments - invisible to some - are clear signs of potential being realized.  Signs of growth in others are my fuel.

I'm excited to continue to grow in these...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment