28 December 2011

A Momentum Occasion.

Christmas on the Oval.

CHRISTMAS EVE
There were 6 of us, (myself, Tina, Margaux, Jade, Tom and Caleb) that came together for a delicious meal on Christmas Eve.  After that, we made homemade stockings.  These weren't just any ordinary Christmas stockings - they were a combination of Make-Your-Own Stockings from a great place called Poundland (the English version of the Dollar Store), puffy stickers, a sheet and staples:


Once those were all finished, and we were stuffed on delicious made-from-scratch Christmas cookies (made by me and Jade), we decided to play a fantastic charades type game which included slips of paper, a timer, and a sheet (We used every part of that sheet):


After that craziness we decided to settle down a bit and turn on a movie - The Muppet Christmas Carol - and make Christmas cards for each other.

CHRISTMAS DAY!
My day started off on the right foot.  I got up and went for a run through my favorite running place - The Nickey Line (see previous post).  It was a bit muddy but such a beautiful morning and a great way to begin the day.

Then came a lovingly made breakfast comprised of mini pancakes (the American kind...), eggs (not for me), sausages, croissants, and of course - scones.


Yes, that would be me in the Santa suit.  I didn't have a Christmas sweater so I chose the next best thing.

Presents!  We opened up our stockings and the little gifts we got for each other.  It was nice.

Later that evening, Tina and I began preparations for our Christmas dinner.  Now even though there was no Honeybaked Ham involved (as is my usual Christmas tradition), our food was sooo tasty.  We made turkey, potatoes (mashed and roasted), cabbage, peas, and Yorkshire Puddings with gravy.  We were proud of our accomplishments.  It was a first for both of us to cook an entire Christmas dinner.  My mother would be proud.


After we were all stuffed, came a few games around the table, a fruit cake of sorts and mulled wine.  (I tried it however, I still have not acquired a taste for wine, but I'm not too upset about that.).

So there you have it.  My first Christmas in my home away from home.  All you family and friends across the pond - you were missed.  But I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to share this day with 5 other incredible people.  It was grand.


 Note: Photo Credit - Caleb McAlpine - Thank you for taking such awesome pictures and sharing them with me.

1 comment: