27 June 2011

Graduation and Goodbyes

21 June 2011 - DTS Graduation


Welp, we did it.  We made it through the last 6 months together.  It's so crazy to think that it's over right now.  We graduated and celebrated and then cried and said our goodbyes.  We have all definitely become such a close family.




What a week.

Tuesday, 21 June 2001 - I graduated DTS.  Crazy.  Where did the last 6 months go?

While the night was great - full of pictures and stories and praise to God for what He has done and of course a diploma of sorts and a little trip to the pub afterwards - the morning was not. Goodbyes are no fun at all.  It didn't start hitting me that it is over until about half way through the long 22 hour day of periodic goodbyes.  I won't go into detail about how many tears were shed but it was a rough day for everyone.  Though as hard as that day was, I would rather have a day like that, a day of heartbreaking goodbyes, then to have missed out on this incredible opportunity.  It is when your heart just breaks for something that makes you realize just how much it means to you and that it was real.

Over these last 6 months, we really had become such a tight family.  That's what tends to happen when you live with each other every single day for that long.  It's so crazy to think back to the first day that I was here.  I came to the airport not knowing anything, just looking for any sign that said YWAM and so began my crazy adventure.  How was I to know that the people I met there would become family?  How was I to know that all those awkward ice breaker games in the very beginning would lead to great friendships?  Just thinking about things like this just bring up so many more memories from the beginning that have led to where I am today.  Again I say - Crazy.

DTS is over.  Now what?

What do you do with your life after something like this has happened to you?  It's a tough question.  I don't know yet.  I wish I did.  I wish I could tell you all my elaborate plans for what to do with the rest of my life but I can't.  I barely know what I'm doing to be doing the next couple weeks or months let alone years.  I'm just taking it one step at a time and being patient that the right opportunity will present itself in God's perfect timing.  It happened that way when I decided to come to the other side of the world for 6 months, it can happen again.  But here's the beauty of it - I can pretty much do anything I want.  So many doors have been opened for what I could do and what I would want to do.

"being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion."

The one thing that I do know is that God will not leave me hanging.  He's not going to put me through something like this, something that brought so many close relationships and amazing experiences and joy and then just make me fend for myself.  He will continue to lead and guide me as long as I keep seeking His leading and His guidance.

Welp, I'm seeking.



1 comment: