09 June 2011

Outreach No More.

Outreach is officially over.  How the heck did this happen?  We are all finally back on the oval in beautiful Harpenden.  What were once leafless trees are now very full of life everywhere I look.  It's pretty crazy to be back here after all this time.  It really is so crazy to look at what I just did -  I just spent the last 10 weeks with the same 13 people traveling down to South Africa and up to Newcastle.  We went up a mountain, we played frisbee on the beach, we prayed for people, we taught young kids, we led a church service, we did some more praying (there was lots of that), we worked our butts off on a farm, gave food to grannies, we sang a lot, we talked to homeless people, we gave away chocolate and water...so many things.  What a crazy adventure.  (More stories will come).

So what have I learned from this experience?  Well that's what I hope to find out very soon.  There is just so much that happened in all of the places that we went - so many different experiences, so many different settings and people and places and things to do.  I know that there is a lot to learn from what I just did and also a lot that I already have learned and things that have changed in my heart and in my mind.  I'll let you know when I know.

What will I do now after DTS?  Well, I have no idea...Well that's a slight lie, I may have some inkling as to a possibility that would require a huge step of faith.  I am still very much in the process of making decisions which I absolutely hate doing but that is the price you pay for growing up, right?

But I just wanted to say a quick thank you so much for your continued love and support in this journey.  And it has been quite the journey, I must say.  But what is cool is that though this DTS experience may be coming to an end in just a week and a half, this is just the beginning.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment