28 March 2012

Blessed To Be A Blessing

BLESSING WEEK - WREXHAM, WALES


This was my team that I had the opportunity to co-lead with one other staff member, Kyle.  This picture was taken on top of quite the large hill overlooking the Welsh town of Llangollen (Try pronouncing that one, it's not what you might think.)  It was our day off so we decided to head out to this little town and do some exploring.  At the top of this hill were castle ruins which we climbed all over.  It was lots of fun and it had such a beautiful view.



So this week was a chance for us as a DTS to split up to 9 different teams and go to different YWAM bases across the UK to bless those bases.  So I went to Wrexham in Wales.  After a long bus ride, we made it to this little city and walked to a house which was filled with only 4 staff and 2 DTS trainees - a bit of a drastic change from here at Harpenden, but a refreshing change.


We were able to join with them in a lot of things they were going to their lectures on the Holy Spirit, work duties, and other ministries they take part in.  It was such a great change of pace.  I was challenged and encouraged in so many areas of leadership which began showing me more of capabilities that I possess whether I believe it all the time or not.  I feel I was able to really step up and step out in this role I've been placed in and see that I can, in fact, do this.  

This was definitely a week of really letting God speak to me so much about who I am and who He has created me to be.  When you are open to what God has to say, whether to you or through you to someone else, it opens up your heart to so much more of who God is and who you are and what you can do and who you can be.  At least it did for me this week.  I was able to see more that I have such a huge capacity to love (along with a few other things) and that is something I really want to do no matter what it looks like - just love.

Although my foot had a little run in with a nail, the week was a complete success and we were most definitely blessed to be a blessing.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment