11 November 2011

Thoughts On Leaving Pt. 1

I had a conversation with a friend of mine this evening. I answered the phone and she immediately started out by telling me that I somehow neglected to tell her that I was going to be leaving for potentially 2 years. 

Oops.

Then it hits me - I'm leaving. For a long time. A very long time. 

I've been slowly coming to the realization of what my current situation is. Every day it gets closer, my heart starts to race a bit more. I begin to have almost every emotion in the book - I'm excited, I'm terrified, I'm anxious, I'm sad, I'm ecstatic...and so on. 

My life has taken an incredibly unexpected and unimaginable turn this past year, well I guess the last 3 years.  At the beginning of my DTS, one of my staff members said to me that moving to California was in God's good plan for my life. At first I had a hard time believing that for reasons which require far too much explanation to go into here. But now, I absolutely believe that with all my heart and I thank God that this was in His good plans. 

With this new life creeping up on me faster each day, I have been able to see how incredibly blessed I am. I have realized how many amazing people I have been able to meet since moving to California, people I couldn't imagine my life without now. I've made such great friends here and grown closer to family.  In addition to that, I have seen the amazing relationships that have continued even through all these miles between me and those in Colorado.  I thank God everyday for those that have stuck with me. 

God is good. 
   

1 comment:

  1. You go girl. I am proud of you! And I should say is hard to leave your friends, but you are not totally leaving them. Its really important to keep contact with people back home. But yeah I am sure you are going to do well. And we will see you around in the UK!

    ReplyDelete