03 September 2013

Thanks To An Irishman

I woke up to a beautiful, cool, sunny morning on the Oval in Harpenden.  One of my favorite places.  I packed up my things again and went for a walk down Cooters End Lane.  A good way to start the day.

As I made my way to London to get to the coach station, I was cutting it close on time and strength with 2 slightly heavy bags.  Then came the dreaded stairs on the Underground.  4 flights of them to be exact.  Not fun with a suitcase and guitar case.  But at each staircase, there was always someone there to help me carry it up the stairs.  Praise the Lord.

Then came the long walk from the railway station to the coach station in crowded downtown London.  But as I turned the corner, an Irishman asked if needed some help.

Yes please.

We walked and talked, getting to know each other a bit as he carried my guitar.  I made it to my bus just in time to hop on and off I went up to Liverpool.

He asked if I would say a prayer for him.
Will do Patrick.  Will do.

Back in England.
Back in Liverpool.
Back on Next Wave.

Here's to the next season.

Current Location - Liverpool, England

No comments:

Post a Comment