11 February 2011

OUTREACH!!!

I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING FOR OUTREACH!!!

On Thursday morning we were given 2 choices on which to pray about...

ZIPPERS

OR

BUTTONS

We had no idea what the places were or anything, we were just to pray and ask God which one to choose. Almost immediately, even before we all went out to pray, I instantly thought  - ZIPPERS - So I still went out to pray and I just felt like I knew it was going to be zippers and that was it.  I wrote it on a piece of paper with my name on it and handed it in.

So where is it that I'm going?!?!

SOUTH AFRICA!!!


Yep that's right - I'm going to South Africa with a fantastic group of people.  It was such an exciting time to find out where we were going and who it was going to be with.  It's so crazy how much things have changed in this group in the last month since I've been here.  I love it.  We have all been split into 2 groups and the other group is going to Tanzania.  So all of us are going to Africa!

For those that don't know, I'll explain a bit about what outreach is.  It is pretty much the whole purpose of the DTS.  It is an incredible opportunity to go to another place and take everything that we have learned here on the Oval during the lecture phase and put it into practice.  Let me tell you, at least for me, I have already learned so much since being here.  I have learned so much about myself and about God and just so many things and I know there is still so much more to learn.  I've already been able to see ways in which I can put into practice what we have talked about in lectures throughout my day.  It's pretty great.  

So for outreach, there will be 6 (I think) weeks of being in South Africa and another 4 weeks somewhere in the UK.  We haven't figured out where that will be for each of our teams...I have no idea what exactly we will be doing or where exactly in South Africa we will be but still - I'm going to freaking South Africa and that's pretty amazing.  

God speaks to me through my gut instinct.  I've been noticing this more and more with being here.  I think that almost from the beginning of being here, I just had a feeling that I was going to be going to some place in Africa.  We spend some time in prayer one day a couple weeks ago about where we should all go for outreach, waiting to hear from God where He wanted us to go and I saw 2 pictures in my mind of something that I felt was Africa.  I just kept thinking - I'm totally going to Africa and my heart started racing and got really excited.  And guess what?! I am.  God is speaking to me whether I realize it at the time or not but I know that He is and it's so exciting.  

  

2 comments:

  1. The flag does look like a zipper, ya know. That's so exciting Kellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited for you Kellie!!!! I can tell how much you have grown just from talking to you and reading your posts. I'm so proud of you and can't wait to continue on your journey with you :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete